Ganpati Visarjan also known as Ganesh Nimajjan is the ritual in which the statue of Lord Ganesha is immersed into water which means sending the Lord to his own abode from where he has come to bless.
After the final puja offering, Ganapati idol is carried out in a procession. The idols are taken to nearby water body for Visarjan. This is how the 10 day long festival of Ganesh- utsav comes to end.
Last day of Ganesh Visarjan is on the known as Anant Chaturdashi which is on 13 September 2018.
Ganesh Visarjan Mantras :
Mooshik vaahan modak hast, Chaamar karn vilambit sootra,
Vaaman roop maheshwar putra, Vighna vinaayak paad namaste.
Visarjan With the different traditions in different religion the rituals for Visarjan differs with each one, however common rituals are mentioned below.
- Perform aarti.
- Thank Ganesh for visiting your home and bringing prosperity and auspiciousness.
- Ask for to forgive you for any mistakes committed while his stay.
- Ask him to return back early next year.
- After the final prayer, take him to each corner of your home.
- Sprinkle some water drops on Ganesha idol & take the Lord in procession.
- Once the idol is lifted up do not place it at home.
“Ganapathi Bappa Morya, Purchya Varshi Laukar Ya”