In 2017, Ganesh Chaturthi will be celebrated on 25th August 2017.
Ganesha Chaturthi is the Hindu festival celebrated on the birthday (rebirth) of Lord Ganesha, the son of Shiva and Parvati. It is believed that Lord Ganesh bestows his presence on earth for all his devotees during this festival.
Ganesh Utsav is basically a ten day festival which starts on Ganesh Chaturthi and ends on Anant Chaturdashi.
In 2017 Ganesh Chaturthi will be celebrated from 25th August to 5th September 2017.
During Ganesh Utsav, devotees of Lord Ganesha bring home Idols of Lord Ganesha and worship them for 1 and half, 3, 5, 7 or 9 days and then immerse the Lord Ganesha idol in water (sea, lake or a pond).
I am sure hat if you are going to bring home idol of Lord Ganesha during Ganesh Utsav then even you are searching about the Auspicious Time and Muhurat for Ganpati Sthapana at your home.
Please find below the Best and Auspicious Muhurat Time for Ganpati Sthapana & Puja Process.
Ganpati Sthapana & Puja Muhurat Auspicious Muhurat for Ganesh Chaturthi 2017 :
Ganesh Avahana or Sthapana (installation of Ganesha) should be done before 11 am (IST) on 25 August 2017 ideally between 8.00 am to 11 am.
The most auspicious time to bring home the idols of Lord Ganesha is -
- Char Choghadiya – 06:26 to 07:59 am (IST)
- Amrit Choghadiya – 07:59 to 09:33 am (IST)
- Shubh Choghadiya – 09:33 to 11:07 am (IST)
Ganpati puja Aarti should be ideally performed during the Madhyahana Kaal as it is believed that on Ganesh Chaturthi day, Lord Ganesh was born during Madhyahana Kaal.
Madhyahana Puja Time – 11:25 to 13:55 hrs (IST)
Detailed Panchang of 25th August 2017 – Ganesh Chaturthi Day :
- Friday, 25 August 2017
- Sunrise : 06:25 hrs
- Sunset : 18:55 hrs
- Moonrise : 09:27 hrs
- Moonset : 21:41 hrs
- Shaka Samvat : 1939 Hemalambi
- Vikram Samvat : 2074 Sadharana
- Gujarati Samvat : 2073
- Amanta Month : Bhadrapada
- Purnimanta Month : Bhadrapada
- Paksha : Shukla Paksha
- Tithi : Chaturthi upto 20:31 hrs
- Nakshatra : Hasta upto 14:36 hrs
- Yoga : Shubha upto 23:29 hrs
- First Karana : Vanija upto 08:24 hrs
- Second Karana : Vishti upto 20:31 hrs
- Sunsign : Simha
- Moonsign : Kanya upto 27:09+ hrs
- Rahu Kalam : 11:06 – 12:40 hrs
- Gulikai Kalam : 07:59 – 09:32 hrs
- Yamaganda : 15:47 – 17:21 hrs
- Abhijit : 12:15 – 13:05 hrs
- Dur Muhurtam : 08:55 – 09:45 hrs
- Dur Muhurtam : 13:05 – 13:55 hrs
- Amrit Kalam : 08:27 – 10:06 hrs
- Varjyam : 23:01 – 24:42+ hrs
Note : This Ganesh Chaturthi 2017 Ganpati Sthapana & Puja Muhurat Timing is applicable to different states of India i.e. Delhi, Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, just chance the timing a bit as per sunrise timing.
This Ganesh Chaturthi 2017 Muhurat Timing is not applicable for other countries like USA and U.K.
Note : Soon we will have Ganesha Chaturathi Sthapana and Ganesh Visarjan Vidhi on our website. Visit again.